The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 7, 2015

Jamie 

I couldn't be more excited that my plant order from Botanus came in! Can you imagine that these live plants were shipped all the way from BC to Toronto?! I had an amazing time spending a beautiful, sunny afternoon getting these beauties in the garden. I admit I felt a bit of time pressure because when they arrive, they really have to be tended to, plus a lot of these are really new to me and I felt a bit nervous about getting the planting right. I talked my way through it, "Hey there, astilbe. I think you're really going to like it here," and found my mood shifting and more and more I was just experiencing joy in the garden.
 

Shannon

I'm so excited that Deadliest Catch is back. I can't believe they are in their 11th season. Wow. Looks like The Bait is also back, but they are airing it on Saturday (?), and then before the show next week. Oddly, last year I ended up enjoying The Bait a little more than the regular show! But I always watched it after I watched the regular show. It's hilarious the complicated rituals I have for some TV shows. I hope all the boats have great seasons. It looks like it will be an exciting year.


Suzie

I went into the city on Wednesday to pick up an important letter from my doctor. I thought it was just going to be a quick appointment but it wasn't but it was good. Looks like more tests ahead for me but if it helps me sleep, it's worth it. I just wish these appointments didn't exhaust the hell out of me. I really wanted to get this done before I head to Toronto though and now, it's done!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad to hear your appointment was good, even if it wasn't quick. I really hope you get some answers and support with the sleep stuff. And OMG soon you will be HERE!! YAY!!

Shannon said...

Oh, slightly late add from me.

Suzie Ridler said...

Shannon, I can't wait to watch it WITH you!!!