The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 28, 2015

Jamie

A great night out at choir though I totally missed you, Suzie! We sang The Weight by The Band. I even had someone say to me, "Hey, are you the person who wrote that article?" It was so nice to have that as a conversation starter!


Shannon

I got back to my doing 100 random drawing exercises project. Oh, or is it an exercise? Most likely an experiment! Anyhow, I did 2 inspired by Lynda Barry's Syllabus, and this one wasn't even from an exercise she talked about but rather from a page that posed a question about what originality has to do with the original digital device. But I went somewhere with it, which was fun so it goes in the "win" pile. I don't actually have piles, but that was fun to write.



Suzie

Yesterday was mostly about sharing photos from the past on FB (I had to do it while the energy was there) but Reg took me into the backyard and showed me our little plot of radishes and carrots! The idea of him growing us food is just so awesome. Farmer Reg. Who knew?!

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay to the Drawing Experiment, Shannon! How cool that it's already drawn you into directions unexpected. (Lol, "drawn you" - I totally didn't see that until I wrote it, haha!)

Wow, Suzie, that's awesome. What a wonderful garden bed. Looking forward to seeing your veggie progress. WTG, Reg!

Suzie Ridler said...

So glad you made it out to Choir Choir Choir! Jamie! Great song and how awesome to get that recognition?

Shannon, sounds like a fantastic project and I can't wait to see more.

Thanks Jamie! Yup, carrots and radishes, so cool.

Shannon said...

What an awesome song to sing at Choir Jamie! And recognition cred to boot. Sounds like a good night :)

LOL Yes, I was drawn to unexpected directions! I think that officially makes it an experiment...because I don't know where it's going or what the results will be. Exciting.

Wow, Suzie...fresh veggies being grown in your own garden. What a wonderful thing to come home to. Way to go Reg!