The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27, 2013

Jamie
At Mom's we got down to the very last thing: the piano. I had no thought whatsoever of trying to keep it. We don't play. Clearly it's broken. It requires special movers. And there are other worries besides. But then I touched the keys. And Shannon did too. We played around a little bit. Then I walked home and literally saw a truck for piano repairs/moves/tuning on my block. Pianos have been such a part of our lives. Just like the drums, for some reason I couldn't let this go. She'll be finding a new home in my kitchen next week. I still can't quite believe it.

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I totally understand Jamie in all ways, your worries, your connection to the piano and not being able to let her go. Wow, so she is coming home to your kitchen? That personally makes me very happy. I hope it makes you happy too.

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you are taking the piano. It was so weird because before it just felt like ...I don't know...but that day we were there ...it felt like the right thing too not let it go. I'll come over and play for you if you want! :)