The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September 5, 2017

Jamie

We had a bit of a rough weekend but yesterday was a bit better and quite gentle. We spent most of it doing some chores and also working on our project to get more of our art framed and put up. We measured everything and got that into a document on our phones so that we can pick up anything whenever we get the chance. It was interesting to see how much we have. I'm going to have to get some art with guys in it. Most things I referred to as Girl with Feather, Girl with Horse, Girl by the Ocean, LOL.


Shannon

Even though today was a holiday, it was actually a pretty regular Monday for me. Which is cool...I actually like Mondays. One thing I do on Mondays is: PLAN! Shocking, I know. This was me planning my reading for the week, I have been in the middle of tons of books recently but have made lots of progress on FINISHING stuff which makes it feel easier to start new books...like Jason's! I hope to start it sometime this week.

SaveSave



Suzie

Went to the PNE on Labour Day which I think was also the hottest day of the year. When Reg complains about the heat, you know it's bad. Still, I am glad we managed to fit it in and look at that couple holding hands on the swing ride! I had no idea that was happening when I took this photo. So cute. It was awesome but rest day ahead. OMG... So tired and hot!

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Yay to liking Mondays, Shannon. That's awesome. It looks like you've got some good planning going on, including reading Jason's book! I've already really enjoyed the first few pages. I have to get back to it!

The swing ride! What fun :) I'm glad you had a good time despite the heat, Suzie! I can't wait to see more pics!

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see all the art framed, Jamie! I am sure it's going to be awesome. And wild to see them of it is 'girl with..., ...., ...!" Not surprized! I love this photo of the cats! Is that Scout, or Shibumi? I feel like a bad auntie when I can't tell!

Wait to go for getting out to the PNE Suzie! What a perfect way to transition from summer to fall! I hope you had a great time!

Suzie Ridler said...

Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend Jamie, I had no idea. Focusing on art sounds like a great idea and I know what you mean, I think most of my art has female subjects too. And what a sweet photo of the kittens!

Good for you Shannon for getting organized. I am so disorganized these days and having a busy holiday Monday just turns it all upside down for me.