The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016

Jamie

It was so nice to get back to Art Day for the first time since before Christmas! In our Y is for Yellow class B is for Blue and we've been doing these wonderful exercises with blind contour and then adding value (the shading part). I find myself feeling sensitive with drawing, as always but also glad to have the opportunity to work that muscle and let it grow in strength.


Shannon

I'm continuing to have so much fun with Carla's Y is for Yellow Class. I love where there is an exercise that I feel like I could do over and over and over and over again.




Suzie

Reg performing Hallelujah at the Kung Fu party on the weekend. He was awesome!

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

Shannon, I just love how those turned out. I'm inspired by your strong shapes for the shading and am going to try that as an exercise in and of itself!

That's awesome, Suzie. I saw you posted the video on Facebook and will be sure to check it out!

Shannon said...

Wow those are awesome drawings Jamie! I had so much fun with these. I love your mushrooms! And the glass, so cool. Glasses are hard! Yours looks great. Here's to stretching & growing :)

Never would have thought Hallelujah would be a Kung Fu song... I know there is a possible dance routine in there. I hope you had a good time!

Suzie Ridler said...

Wow, all your drawings are amazing. A+ and gold stars!