The Ridler sisters, Suzie, Jamie and Shannon, discuss their creative projects, from challenges to celebrations, and support each other's creative lives.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

October 17, 2017

Jamie

Yesterday I started what I hope will be a new practice of getting out for a walk and listening to an ebook. It felt so good! I went pretty spontaneously and with determination so ended up with just throwing a hat on, stuffing myself into layers, having no makeup and just going. I felt a bit self-conscious but the hilarious thing is I think just about everyone that I saw gave me a big smile and a hello! I must be doing the right thing.


Shannon

It was so great to hang out together and have Art and Netflix in the books for today! I love that we take a chance on the films we see and have had such interesting results!



Suzie

Tables and tables of clay wedged into bricks that were wedged into each other to make bigger blocks of clay. Exhausting. My arms still feel like they're going to fall off. So grateful we got to hang out and watch Welcome To Me together afterwards.

2 comments:

Jamie Ridler Studios said...

I'm so glad we had Art & Netflix time yesterday too. Shannon, I agree that it is fun to take a chance on something a bit quirky! Thanks for making great suggestions. Suzie, that looks exhausting! Yay you for doing so much work. I hope you got to rest up. You must be sore today!

Suzie Ridler said...

I love that your happiness at going for a walk was obviously being picked up by other people Jamie! How wonderful and man, you got great photos. The ones in your video are amazing. You could easily do a calendar. I would buy it.

Yes, yay for Art & Netflix. It was quirky, love that we all love those kids of movies, even when they get heavy.

I can't believe I baked a pie today after doing all the wedging yesterday. Not smart but we are having a rare sunny day so I just had to! And get out for a walk, LOL. The heavy rains are coming.